Salary per month up to 20 000 PLN net + VAT on B2B or 17 000 PLN gross on contract of employment, depending on your seniority and performance during the interview
Tech stack we’re using in general:
Team’s composition: Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, QA Engineers, dedicated Product Owner,
Architecture: new features as microservices (more than 70 and growing)
Frameworks: mainly Laravel, some Symfony and Lumen, node.js, vue.js (v 2.6), AngularJS
Testing tools: PHPUnit, jest, cypress, mocha
Tools: RabbitMQ, AWS, Beanstalk, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Rancher, Blackfire, Stylus,
DBs: MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB
Work organisation: Scrum, JIRA, Confluence, freedom to choose OS (Linux vs MacOS),
Quality standards: SOLID, DRY, YAGNI, design patterns, mutual code reviews and CI/CD (using Gitlab)
Who are we?
Profitroom is a global hospitality software technology company which originated from Poznan, Poland (and that’s where our HQ is) in 2008 and keeps on growing ever since - our employees are spread in over 30 countries all over the world.
We deliver leading SaaS technology and marketing services to give hoteliers the tools to increase revenue performance, bookings and efficiency, and provide their consumers the best services and experiences.
As we keep on developing our products, we’re currently looking for a Backend Engineer to strengthen our Software Development department.
Who are we looking for?
You’re probably a great candidate for us if you:
- have some professional experience in software development, working with PHP, Laravel and/or Symfony, MySQL, OOP and Git
- Have a history of developing your code consistently with best practices and patterns
- Show proactive approach and problem solving skills
- Enjoy working with the team and communicating with various internal stakeholders involved in the development process
It’s not a mandatory requirement, but definitely an advantage if you:
- Are familiar with Typescript or node.js (some of our microservices use them)
- Worked in agile methodologies in the past (e.g. Scrum or Kanban) and understand its principles
- Feel comfortable using JIRA and Confluence
What will you do?
- Collaborate with other members of the team (developers, tester, product owner, scrum master) and architects in design and implementation of strategic applications of the company,
- Participate in routine events, I.E. Daily, refinement, planning, review, retrospective,
- Design and develop applications as well as take care of the code quality and contribute to the overall architecture
- Follow the best development practices and recommend optimal solutions,
- Take part in technical trainings and meetings,
- Build a friendly atmosphere and a comfortable working environment for the team and other employees of our company
What does the working environment look like?
You will work in a long-term product portfolio development environment:
- Established Scrum-based multi-team development model, with decision-making Product Owners, dedicated QAs, UX and Data Science teams
- Flat structures and in-house business team that makes decision paths short and creates possibility to have a real impact on the product
- KPI and metric-based product development and feature verification
Facing post-startup challenges:
- Already established but still quickly growing customer base
- Globalisation: time zones, languages, currencies, local integrations, payment gateways
- Production-scale real-life scalability, performance, optimisation and traffic challenges
Working with established microservices migration approach:
- Asynchronous messaging using RabbitMQ, not synchronous APIs
- Microservices written in PHP and Node.js
- Migrating established legacy monolith services into microservices world
What can we offer?
- 26 days off on Contract of Employment and 24 days off on B2B
- Fully remote work environment
- Additional benefits such as Medicover, Multisport, training budgets, foreign languages classes, e-learning platform, online courses and life insurance